Let's get cooking!
1 1/2 c sugar-free applesauce
1 c almond meal
1 c pecan meal
1/4 c shredded coconut
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinamon
3 large eggs or egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Add remaining ingredients & blend into a batter.
3. Pour batter in a greased cake pan & cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Don't have pecan flour or meal? Substitute with another nut flour, or just replace with almond meal. It'll still be delish!
- If you're allergic to eggs, like one of our boys, check out our post on ways to replace eggs.
- Not all ovens cook the same. Depending on your oven, pan and how large a batch you make, you will need to adjust your cooking time. The cake is done when a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- If you want to make it sweeter, try adding honey or raisins.
Here are a couple recent cakes I've made using this recipe, along with the whipped frosting.
Did you try this recipe? What did you love? How did you personalize it?